Important..please read before continuing

The more serious posts are at the beginning of the blog. I ran out of good topics and started doodling :P
Unfortunately, they aren't written as well as the later posts. . .
Your choice

PS: It surprises me, how I have to validate every single thing I do. I mean, there was absolutely no reason for me to write this note, and even less, to write this postscript, or the postpostscript, that i will write after this one. Maybe, I do not like being misinterpreted. or maybe if there's any criticism that needs to be dished out, i'd rather do it myself.Or maybe i'm just a megalomaniac who wants to be all encompassing and always in a position to say: 'I told you so', even if the 'so' is some inherent flaw in me :P

PPS: Or maybe i just have too much free time, writing long posts to an imaginary audience. . . .

PPPS: Wait, that would be megalomania. . .

Monday, June 14, 2010

And it rained ......

It's raining......I mean it was raining..But i had thought of writing something when it was raining...so for a minute... close your eyes....and let your mind go back to today morning......It's pouring outside.....and i sit in a squishy brown armchair with a laptop, a cup of coffee and marshmallows ( the ones shaped like animals) looking pensively into the screen of my computer......the steam rising from my coffee and all the while, in the background.....is the rain......
In reality..it's night, i sit on a hard backed chair with nothing to heat, working at a desktop, the desk for which, is broken and creaking ominously..and..I hate hot drinks and marshmallows......(Is what i did above common, or just common to me ???...the bubble popping, I mean.....Do get back to me on that one....)

And yet....every time it rains...the very image i have described above pops into my mind...and i feel at the same time..comfortable,nostalgic and very, very sad.....as if i had suffered some great loss.....The rain has that funny effect on me : Whenever the sky gets overcast,i go sit near the window with a blanket. . .and almost instantaneously my mind starts wandering.....I feel lethargic,... almost depressed....Now, by nature i am ever happy go lucky and infuriatingly optimistic...in fact if i was a girl in a novel...I would've been either dead or dying of a serious disease...(I apologise if anyone found that allusion uncalled for...that's how the crime novelists play on your emotions...It's always the good who die young....) Only the rain can make me so depressed and sluggish that i start reading The Hardy Boys again to avoid any possible mind work......Immediately my mind thinks mutton pattices....lots and lots of mutton pattices...my mouth start watering..and unconsciously i start rubbing my hands together...partly out of excitement and partly to keep them warm....Some days..I sit on a comfy chair or my chaise longue with a quilt keep some munchies at hand and reread enid blyton......

Yes...Rain....by contrast creates comfort(the actual word for this case should be comfiness :P :P) in my mind...I imagine myself in several different places...On the top of a mountain in a Log cabin with a fire crackling at my feet ( and some method of adding fuel that did not involve my getting up...or moving a muscle for that matter... :P), in a house on the top of a hill, in a room made completely of glass and a quilt so thick the princess wouldn't feel the pea....., in an indian railway train with their meagre bedding and atrocious air conditioner... curling up into a warm ball for warmth......scrunching up my toes and rubbing the soles of my feet together.......
I find myself..sometimes in the future and sometimes the past.......Seeing a child huddled inside a blanket....or sometimes a grown man...The blanket is never big enough.......but i still try to curl up and stay all warm.......

And sometimes...I just go out to bathe in the rain.........'

What about you ???

PS: Brrrrrrr.......Wish i had a bath tub....or even better....a jacuzzi......

PPS: Aaah.......

PPPS: **Warmth**

PPPPS: Hey ! go back into your own fantasy !!

4 comments:

  1. almost everyone feels like that...
    curling up in a blanket, having hot pakoras(I won't say mutton, coz I am a vegetarian... :P)
    nice post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enid Blyton's descriptions of food are the loveliest ever :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. boiled eggs by anne and Timmy licking the dishes!!scones and ices at a teashop!!

    ReplyDelete