Important..please read before continuing

The more serious posts are at the beginning of the blog. I ran out of good topics and started doodling :P
Unfortunately, they aren't written as well as the later posts. . .
Your choice

PS: It surprises me, how I have to validate every single thing I do. I mean, there was absolutely no reason for me to write this note, and even less, to write this postscript, or the postpostscript, that i will write after this one. Maybe, I do not like being misinterpreted. or maybe if there's any criticism that needs to be dished out, i'd rather do it myself.Or maybe i'm just a megalomaniac who wants to be all encompassing and always in a position to say: 'I told you so', even if the 'so' is some inherent flaw in me :P

PPS: Or maybe i just have too much free time, writing long posts to an imaginary audience. . . .

PPPS: Wait, that would be megalomania. . .

Sunday, March 27, 2011

What's wrong with me :D

I recently set up a webpage on whatiswrongwith.me(www.whatiswrongwith.me/Sumedh), which allows to people to send anonymous feedback about you. Now i received quite a bit of feedback, some good , some bad, some random(:D). Of the two, room for improvement comments that I received, I had already known about those aspects of me and had analysed whether my behaviour was good or bad.One of them was about me talking a lot about things that maybe people around me weren't the least bit interested in.The other was about me not being able to understand my friends needs and being a little selfish.

Now, the first statement, I have heard a million times before. I agree that it can be frustrating when I get into one of my rants and then wax eloquent bout topics that are stupid, inane, random and worst of all uninteresting to others. (main kya lund insaan hoon)In fact, I have been actively trying to be less of a chatterbox, but the fact is, that most of the times, I can't help it ! I get into the groove sometimes, and then there's no stopping me (by me, of course !! Others can of course stop me. kinda like when kids bite their fingernails or suck their thumbs :D)What i suggest my frustrated friends do is say to me, in a firm quiet voice : "Sumedh, you're doing it again. . . ". Kinda like the really nice but strict fathers do in Chicken soup, or Enid Blyton books.. . Of course, don't do it all the time. I mean, i gotta have my fun too, right. . :D Actually even if people do tell me to shut up all the time, i don't think i'd actually do it. I mean, yeah i'd probably get all blushy and guilty and all, but hey, you know what they say ' The ego wants what the ego wants' :D

The second statement got me thinking.I mean, I know I am extremely self involved, but that's just because things are so complicated inside my head,it's hard to stop thinking about....... well. . everything. . Also, recognising people's needs isn't as easy or as clear cut as it's made out to be: Understanding situations, sympathising with the person in case and offering suggestions is sometihng thati can do, in my opinion, quite well, but when it comes to gauging what is wrong by a person's behaviour. . well, I suck. This is primarily because, whenever I try to extrapolate actions/body language to feelings and dilemnas i have a habit of considering every possbile scenario my mind can lay it's hands on, and analysing their possibility. And in an ostenibly stochastic world such as ours, it's not hard to assign almost equal probabilities to all the options. And I, just can't resist. I am off on my way, wild horses pulling me to every every corner of the earth.Also, several times, when I have tried to extrapolate and help, I have broached topics that my friend wouldn't want to talk about.This is essentially another parameter to be analysed, while considering probabilities: whether the other person wants to talk about it, but it is different in the sense, that whether you get the answer is one half of a binary choice:Choosing to talk, or not.To be on the safe side, I don't, and like is possbile in every possbile situation, I get made out to be the bad guy :D !! I mean, how the hell is one really supposed to know what to do and what not to do ?

The way out, as I see it, as I have always seen it, from the time that I first analysed this part of me, is "Tell Me !!!", the only difference being that I didn't really make it so clear, as it felt kind of stupid then(It still does, but I think more good will come out of this than bad) This would also solve the first problem, of me blabbering about stuff that people don't want to listen to me blabbering about.

I reiterate: If you want to talk about something, any goddamn thing under the sun, please tell me. 'Cause if there's one thing, I'm a sucker for, it's being a good samaritan (:D). . i mean seriously, this may sound extremely pious( or Pi, like they say in St Clares !!), but in fact in a morality paradigm that classifies naivete as stupid and 'unethical', I would be the worst kind of sex offender, or murderer :D.

I re-reiterate. This is not a joke. I am not messing with you to get sometihng to laugh about later in my room. I care. I'm just too unsure of what to do. . .


P.S.:Oh god, that was probably the emo-est of them all......

P.P.S.: But worth it, i hope !
P.P.P.S.: The main lund hoon was courtesy achin, the guy who put one of the comments(The less insulting one :D) on my page. . I decided to leave it in. . Seems to fit with the decor :D
P.P.P.P.S. : Once again, classic example of megalomania. . I have to be right, even about me being wrong. . . :D

P.P.P.P.P.S. : I'd make a very interesting psychiatric case ( Re: Hot psychology students :D :P)

5 comments:

  1. would mother do instead of hot psycchology students!! come home and i'll analyse you ad nauseum !! he he!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most people tend to think that they're almost perfect. Very few would actually give others a chance to point out their flaws. Even fewer would then blog about those flaws, that someone has pointed about about them. So, the fact that you've done all of that, proves that there's actually very little wrong with you.

    We all have our weak points but taking the trouble to know what they are and then pondering on them and hopefully working on changing them even a little bit, is the mark of a completely stable and well-developed human being.

    Like most human beings, you too are fairly complex. Those hot psychology students would really enjoy the experience, if they took on a case like you to study.....and you wouldn't be too disappointed either, I'm sure.

    P.S. I think your mum is pretty cool, based on the comment she left you here.

    -Ms. Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol . . yes my mom's cool
    and just like, 'One who questions his sanity is sane', is 'One who questions his arrogance is not arrogant'. . but it doesn't really apply, because in the latter case, knowing something important is enough to fuel your arrogance, and each step of knowing points to one's humility, so it's an infinite loop with each step ambiguously lying between humility and arrogance :D, but yeah. . i'm not complaining

    ReplyDelete
  4. according to me most people dont think of themselves as being perfect. if you start thinking you are perfect then what is the motivation in your life? why do you do what you do? it is to improve somehow. earn more money. become more sociable. understand things better. so i think what is important is to see where your definitions stand against the commonly accepted definitions of thing like morality and all. i mean no one thinks what he/she is doing is wrong. so its a choice. you have to first find out what those things are that you think/feel differently and then decide whether to act on it and change yourself.

    ReplyDelete