Important..please read before continuing

The more serious posts are at the beginning of the blog. I ran out of good topics and started doodling :P
Unfortunately, they aren't written as well as the later posts. . .
Your choice

PS: It surprises me, how I have to validate every single thing I do. I mean, there was absolutely no reason for me to write this note, and even less, to write this postscript, or the postpostscript, that i will write after this one. Maybe, I do not like being misinterpreted. or maybe if there's any criticism that needs to be dished out, i'd rather do it myself.Or maybe i'm just a megalomaniac who wants to be all encompassing and always in a position to say: 'I told you so', even if the 'so' is some inherent flaw in me :P

PPS: Or maybe i just have too much free time, writing long posts to an imaginary audience. . . .

PPPS: Wait, that would be megalomania. . .

Thursday, March 18, 2010

BFF !!

"I confess....I have wronged you...I should've ...i know...I should've done it a long time ago....Please....Give me one chance..A day's time to make amends. I am, but human.I forgot...." I cowered, tail between legs, whimpering.....
Lockjaw growled......He looked at me with a snarl on his face, the discolouration on his face all the more out of place, unnerving....scary even...Then he stepped back, muscles no longer tense...turned away.....and loped off......
I heaved a sigh of relief.....I knew it had been a big blunder and a narrow escape.How could I have forgotten...All along ...i had been looking at the big picture.....and had forgotten about the small things...the things that really mattered...I had made the crass error of forgetting to write about dogs on my blog (snigger)? And now it had come back to bite me in the butt ( literally !! as it has been all along ( fooled ya !!))
Anyway 'lockjaw' exists..He lives in hostel 9, iit bombay...He's completely white except for a brown patch that covers one of his eyes ( and a bit on his back)....His 'best pal in the whole world' is twyster....who's a mixture of brown and black is constantly twisting and turning in ecstasy.....( at least that's the only way i've seen him.....I'm told...he paints a different picture in my absence ....)Also...another fella that stays with them is silky...(recently named) who's got the most awesome coat....but is really too in love with me....He( or she....really not gone there :P) looks to conserve the number of scratches on my body at each of our encounters....which makes me heave a sigh of relief that swarsandhya's over....( let it suffice that during swarsandhya times...i would have to keep going to hostel nine...)Anyway...coming back to lockjaw...he's probably one of my favourite dogs in the universe( about a billion of those..) He's got an awesome set of teeth and his comical half and half face is like a naughty little pirate's( yes....i know ..i'm beginning to sound like a doting mother in english cinema or Enid blyton...!!!) and his bark..! Oh ! it's truly amazing...Loud and sharp..It's a true 'Arf' not a wussy' wuff' or a girly ' yip yip'....By god man, when he barks...i am tempted to throw my bag off ( yes...sigh...still attending classes...) and run beside him...barking for joy...
Then there's simba....who slept in my ( 'and mine 'Says Dk indignantly) room for nearly a year, would pee sometime during the night, then shake himself( uuurggh) dry and then proceed to another spot....iteratively !!.....Now, he's a fat piggy( bad dog !!) fellow, who's nevertheless adorable ( and i mean A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E) with his sniffling and purring( i swear....)Also there's 'THe Godfather' who's a huge solemn kinda dog...trotting along sedately with his entourage....very much acting the rightful part of the ex-alphamax dog....
A comic pair is that of 'Divyanshu'( named after his yellow ochre coat and it's similarity to a filthy shirt that a friend owns and loves...and wears...too much), a tiny foxy and infinitely spirited dog who's never, ever backed away from a fight and maintains that all of the institute is rightfully his and he works to that end...drinking maybe 10 litres of water a day ( :P) and 'Sharky', who's a big broad faced, short snouted dog, who loves me so much, he tries to rip my hand to shreds every time he sees me.....Their 'playful' banter( comprising mostly snarls and growls) is a must watch .....
I could go on and on about the dogs i've known...'Buck'( of 'The call of the wild' fame), Tigger( from Winnie the pooh)....several dogs called 'Mangy' ( !!!!), my aunt's dogs Goldy, Snowy, Mowgli and Andy....My own, Tinker belle and Patch and others......but then, that would take a lifetime.....and i wouldn't want to do injustice to any of them....or they'd just come after me...like Lockjaw.....
Mark twain said that 'If you take a dog off the streets, feed him and take care of him, then he will not bite you.....and That is the chief difference between a dog and a man...'It is true, that dogs are loyal...But even more basic to their nature is love....All they want is love....They ask nothing form you....but love...Dogs who i've never ever fed food follow me for miles.... jumping with joy everytime they see me... They follow me , through several unfriendly territories....and fight through the hostel 6 dog defenses..to come right upto my room......And these are dogs i've known for a year or more.....I might've fed them three or four times...but the dedication and love they have for me is far beyond the imagination of any human being....They gain nothing from me....Nothing at all.....No stimulating conversation, no favours, just my company....just that...

I never believed in love...I thought it to be impractical....I was asked by a friend, whether i could imagine a loved one, completely crippled and having lost control over all thought and speech..He asked if i could love them, just for them...I replied that maybe the memories of good times spent together would create such a 'love'...He said that i was stalling..that i knew what he was talking about...I thought for a moment and replied....No...It's impossible....I mean..if a person can't think and speak..is he still that same person...that person you once were friends with ??Can love be ...just arbitrary...as a reaction to love ??.....I had answered in the negative then.....but now that i think about it...i was wrong....It would be a great disrespect to my friends.....the furry ones .....It would be a total disregard of the principle that their lives are based on....that love can be reciprocated by just love....and nothing else....In their company....i feel human......
PS: And no...i didn't forget Tuffy...My...dog....my brother....my friend...He's the sweetest, most loving creature i've ever met....Stayed with me and followed me along for more than a year.... Haven't seen him for ages...Wherever he is, i hope he's happy....And yeah...ALL Dogs go to heaven !!
PPS: Ditto for you tigger...
PPPS: Damn...i did it again :P
PPPPS: Woof !!

3 comments:

  1. dude... this is really touching... i swear... if there is something called TRUE and UNCONDITIONAL love, then it is the love a dog shows for humans... my SIMBA (and yes... even i call him my brother;)) taught me what love was just by looking into my eyes... and very truly said, ALL a dog wants is love... we don't even have to express it... just our company is all he wants! then there's brownie who's tied up all day by my landlord... who jumps with joy in his heart and pure love in his eyes when he sees me... jumps as high as he can just so i can touch him... and calms down and closes his eyes as i touch him... i can literally feel the joy he gets by my touch... i can see that love in EVERY single dog's eyes... love, i've rarely seen in human eyes!

    i was really wondering why there was nothing on dogs on ur blog! dogs go to heaven... very true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...dude..u bit me today..i should sue you !!

    ReplyDelete